The necessity to impose economic sanctions on the Iranian regime, its officials and oppressive institution and forces, particularly the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), is not only against Iran’s national interests, but in fact it is in the benefit of the Iranian people and prevents this corrupted regime to waste people’s wealth on terrorism. in order to stop the Iranian regime from further domestic human rights violation, export of terrorism abroad and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, it is necessary to target its financial sources.
A glance at the Iranian regime’s black record of destructing the Iranian economy for the purposes of its warmongering and terrorist activities, for four decades, Confirms this opinion.
The following facts show only part of the destructive performance of this regime and its repressive institutions, especially the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), in destroying the resources and assets of the Iranian people.
- Most of the oil exploitation and petrochemical projects in large echelon in Iran, belong to the IRGC and its front companies and institutions, which are ran by the current or retired IRGC Generals. The IRGC usually wins the biggest projects in auctions by placing the highest bid via its front companies.
- IRGC’s Khatam al-Anbia base controls most of the dam, road and construction . without minimum scientific calculations or geographical features of the various regions of the country, and for the sole purpose of profit they built dams and carried out other projects around the country that have caused irreparable damage to the environment, people and farmers in various provinces. This includes drying up lakes, lagoons and The rivers in Khuzestan, Isfahan, Fars and other provinces.
The IRGC has created several private credit institutions, plundring savings of average Iranian people with false promises of profitability, high profits or investing in the construction of housing and business units; after plundering people, they close, run away with money. the plundered people of the IRGC-linked Caspien institution and many other institutions daily protests is an example.
- IRGC’s missile project and the construction of various tunnels and underground sites for ballistic missiles to pose threats to other countries has costed billions of dollars.
- The export of terrorism to Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Afghanistan and other Middle Eastern countries through its proxy groups and spending billions of dollars, including its yearly hundreds of billions of dollars funding of Hezbollah in Lebanon, supporting the Bashar-al-Assad’s government via sending Quds Force mercenaries to Syria including the Afghan Fatimid and Pakistani Zeinabion brigades or Iraqi mercenary brigades, meddling in Iraq by creating the Hashd al-Sha’abi militias and active support for the Houthis in Yemen.
- Controlling country’s economic institutes under the direct supervision of the Supreme Leader of the “ Imam’s Executive Committee” with more than $ 200 billion capital. Meanwhile the majority of Iranians are crushing below the poverty line.
- The widespread corruption of regime leaders and agents at all levels, in plundering people’s money and storing them in private banks and fleeing to foreign countries. Banks in Iran serve the Iranian regime’s interests in plundering people and huge embezzlements of regime’s authorities.
The effect on the Iranian people and Iran’s economy
Iran’s inflation rate in the 12-month period ending July 2019 stands at 40.4 percent, according to the Statistical Center of Iran.
The state-run SCI also reported on July 24 that Iran’s point-to-point inflation rate, which reflects price increase compared to the same time in the previous year, has reached 48 percent.
The SCI added that in June, the point-to-point inflation rate was 50.4 percent.
The report further highlighted huge price hikes for food items in Iran.
It said the price of meat has risen 95.4 percent. The price of bread is up 44.2 percent. Dairy products and eggs are up 60.2 percent.
In an interview with the state-run ISNA news agency April 21,2018, Eshagh Jahangiri, the regime’s first vice president, said: “The issue of Kazeroon should be resolved, people cannot come to the streets every day, and there are some people who are taking advantage of this issue to pursue their slogans. The issue of Yazd, Zayandehrood and Khuzestan is like the single exchange rate issue and these issues should not turn into a crisis and continue… We should not allow problems to become political, social and security challenges.
These facts, once again underline this reality it is in fact the Iranian regime that suffers from the international sanctions, lifting sanctions won’t affect the Iranian people’s lives, indeed helps the Iranian regime to continue oppressing them, fuels the war machine of the IRGC and emboldens this regime to further export of terrorism via plundering national wealth.
Originally published at http://freedomstarblog.wordpress.com on September 16, 2019.