Iran: Uprising against the high living expenses, people chanting “Death to Rouhani”
- Iran: Uprising against the high living expenses, people chanting “Death to Rouhani”
- Since this morning, Thursday, December28, thousands of people in Mashhad (capital of the Northeastern Khorasan Razavi province) gathered at the Shohada square in front of the municipality’s building in Mashhad to protest the daily increasing and unrestrained price of basic goods and necessities. The number of demonstrators increased every minute during the march. Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran announced in a statement on December 28, 2017. According to the statement: Before the rally started, a large number of repressive forces were stationed in the area. However, the people pushed them away and continued to demonstrate. As the demonstration continued, repressive forces opened fire in the air and fired tear gas at demonstrators. However, citizens and youths resisted and clashed and returned tear gas to the regime forces. It is also reported that the protesters chanted “Death to Rouhani”, “Death to the dictator”; “If you stop one case of embezzlement, our problem will be solved”; “Neither Gaza, nor Lebanon, my soul is sacrificed to Iran.” In this regard also Similar protests were held in Neyshabur, Kashmar, Birjand, Shahrood, Noshahr and many other cities across Iran.
- The president elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, Mrs. Maryam Rajavi saluted the heroic citizens of Mashhad and Neyshabour, Kashmar, Birjand and Shahrud, who have stood up against high prices, unemployment and corruption by chanting “Death to the Dictator”, “Death to Rouhani” and clashing with the suppressive forces.
- She praised the prominent and courageous role of the women in this great uprising. She called on all the people, especially the youth, to support Mashhad’s great uprising.
- She added: “The heroic uprising of today in large parts of Iran has once again proved that the overthrow of the mullahs’ regime and the establishment of democracy and the rule of people is a national and public demand. “While the overwhelming majority of the people of Iran are suffering from poverty, inflation and unemployment, most of the country’s wealth and revenues is spent on military and security apparatuses and military and regional interventions, or is being looted by the regime leaders or goes into their bank accounts,” said Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, “Therefore, so long as this regime is in power, the economic and living conditions of the people become worse and the only solution to get rid of economic and social problems is to overthrow the clerical regime.”
On Thursday, December 28, 2017, thousands of people in Mashhad gathered at the Shohada square in front of the municipality’s building to protest the daily increasing and unrestrained price of basic goods and necessities. The protesters can be heard chanting “Death to Rouhani”, “Death to the dictator.”
Originally published at freedomstarblog.wordpress.com on December 28, 2017.